How often do you think about your driveway? Do you appreciate it at all considering that it allows you to park off the street and closer to your home? We feel like driveways need to be treated nicely, which is why we came up with a list of 7 reasons why you should sealcoat your driveway this fall.
- Extends the seal coat your driveway: Sealcoating basically adds a protective coating to the top of your driveway, so that it does not get ruined by the elements.
- Prevents high repair bills: Without a protective coating, your driveway will be exposed to all the rain, snow, ice, and wind that will arrive in the coming months. Those things can cause damage that includes cracks and potholes, which are expensive to repair.
- Protects your driveway from water: Water is your driveway’s enemy, especially when the temperatures are colder. Any water that seeps into your driveway will start a cycle of freezing and thawing, which causes even more damage.
- Protects your driveway from the sun: The sun may not seem too bad to you, but your driveway can become dried out if you do not protect it from the sun’s rays.
- Protects your driveway from fluids: Automotive fluids can cause damage by softening the surface of your driveway and causing it to crack and break apart. While you can clean up the spills, it is better to also apply a sealcoat for additional protection.
- A beautiful looking driveway: One of the best ways to make a driveway look brand-new is to apply sealcoating. As a bonus, dirt and debris will easily slide off your driveway when it rains.
- Fall is the best time to apply a sealcoat: The weather plays an important factor with sealcoating as temperatures need to be above fifty degrees and there can be no rain for twenty-four hours. That is not something that you can find during the winter months in most areas of the country.
You may not think that it is too important to sealcoat your driveway every year, but we can tell you from experience that you will pay far less in repair bills if you do. You use your driveway a lot, so take care of it, and it will keep being good to you. Call us at 847-299-1830 to discuss problems you’re having with your asphalt parking lot or driveway. We’ll inspect it for free and give you our professional opinion.